What is Enkay PRO for Microsoft BizTalk Server?
It is a performance monitoring tool:
- Provides visibility into traffic patterns that can help you debug the issue
- Can observe if more messages than normal are coming in from a certain port
- Determine when was the last time you received any messages from a particular customer
- track health of applications, infrastructure (e.g. hosts, files), databases/jobs, Server CPU, memory etc.
- search for EDI transaction details including whether ACKs have been received
It is an analytics tool:
- detect out of memory conditions by allowing you to view message sizes to determine the source of large messages
- catch timeouts that cause messages to be suspended at a particular time
- benchmark performance and quickly compare each run/change to performance characteristics due to new releases
- trace throttling issues quickly to help the administrator understand what happened and how to remedy the issue
- graph perfmon counter data (that are collected on-demand or when throttling is detected), helping you take corrective action
- track message counts, durations, throughput, message sizes for both real time and historical data
- generate reports that allow you to monitor BizTalk environments on a daily basis
It is an alerting tool:
- when retries occur, or when messages get suspended, or receive or send ports are disabled, or when drives get full, or when spool table keeps growing over and doesn’t stop growing, or when other predefined thresholds are exceeded for some reason
It is an operations tool:
- that can help Network operators without them having to login to BizTalk Server environments, so they can look at key metrics and check if business Service Level Agreements are being met
- Developers, Administrators, Managed Services Providers, and business users can get a limited, read only view of messages flowing through BizTalk Server so they can quickly diagnose issues using an easy to use but rich user interface
It is a customizable tool:
- Oadditional monitoring features can be easily added (e.g. monitor web applications or file folders not part of their BizTalk environment) and we have customized Enkay PRO to meet their special requirements
Watch a recording of our Google Hangouts web cast that we did on Tuesday, May 22 at 1:30 pm US Central Standard Time. You will see how you can use Enkay PRO to debug performance issues and proactively monitor key performance indicators to ensure the system is consistently meeting business service level agreements.
Read a blog post on Microsoft BizTalk Product Team’s blog on Enkay PRO for monitoring, alerting, and analyzing your BizTalk environments so you can reduce total cost of ownership and increase the value of your investments in BizTalk.